Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Labyrinth 1986

This is a standard 80's movie. There is something about it that just emanates cheesiness. Although this may simply be my generation of CG and special effects that made me take a step back while watching this movie. The movie is about a girl, Sara, who out of anger wishes her brother to the goblin king. She thinks this is only a myth but soon finds it to be true when greeted by the goblin king. The entire story is about her journey to solve puzzles and outwit the obstacles and creatures along the way. I am a big fan of Mortal Combat and other great movies of the time period, with bad special effects and such, but the plot did not captivate me all that much so forgive me if my reflection on the movie is poor. The problem that I found with the movie was the fact that it had to be a "labyrinth" and had to be a puzzle to be solved to gain back her brother. As if the goblin kind would say "Oh you completed my puzzles. Have your brother back". There wasn't any kind of magical entrapment requiring the completion of the maze or any kind of strong plot-line like such.

No comments:

Post a Comment