Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Color of Magic

Part one went up and down for me. It started out strong but had my intrest dip toward the ending. Several elements of their reality weren't defined, namely the 'summoned dragon', that raised many questions. The fact that they never even answered this question really bothered me but they ended up recovering for this by not being able to get anywhere with the dragon. The dragon merely provided a means of escape for them. The element of 'summoning' wasn't broken. The concept of the disk-world on top of a giant elephants and a turtle was ingenious. Me and my friend joked about how bored the elephants must be. Just a very humorous concept. Part two really started to answer the questions I had a problem with in part one. Why the Octovo was acting strange, what it did and why the turtle changed direction. This movie is very audience engaging and is definitely going in my movie collection because I most likely missed a lot. Oh but I could not get over thinking of "Samwise Gamgey" every time Twoflower spoke. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment