Monday, September 5, 2011

Thirst

Thirst was a movie that held me in suspense the whole way through. While watching the movie I took note of the director's style of the movie. He enjoyed leaving the audience in the 'final suspence' cliffhanger that many horror movie genres tend to do. Usually at an end of a horror you are left with the protagonist at great loss or met with eternal insanity and as an audience usually left unsatisfied. Several times when watching thirst I felt this way, that the movie were to end but continues to go on in a different light.

Analyzing the movie I want to say that it is split into three sections: The realization, the husband and the rebirth. Throughout these three sections I am completely appalled and grossed out by the true nature of vampirism. It's not so much the blood that makes this movie unpleasant but the way they go about it. (Twilight cant even compare as a vampire series) Seeing vampires drink blood from a cut wrist wound is just disgusting, as well as the many broken petruding bones as well as neck snaps and squirting blood. Cringing only begins to explain the true nature of real-world vampires.

There were several times I found myself rewinding just to figure out what happened. I don't like how the director mixes hallucinations brought on by guilt with many reality elements. I thought that the movie would take a turn at this point and the two wold dwell on the horrible natures they have committed. This moment did soon past and they no longer saw the husband again. Ironically enough I pushed aside the fact that the mother of the family unit was still in fact alive. I combined the movements she was making with the hallucinations of the husband and assumed they were both dead. As an audience we needed more time to process the paralysis of the mother as well as the death of the husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment